Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 

President Bush may not like the numbers, but I sure do

At the risk of saying "I told you so" to the rest of the country, I'd like to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

The rest of the country is finally waking up to the fact that Iraq is a horrible quagmire - that it has not made us safer, and that it was in no way worth the lives or money it has cost.

The President, also known as the lame-duck-in-chief, faces falling approval numbers, a domestic agenda that is DOA, and a revolting republican majority in both houses.

Given all this, with the election only 7 months ago, all I have to ask is "WHY THE HELL DID THE COUNTRY KEEP HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE?!"

The only think I can hope at this point is this: maybe this will be the same kind of discrediting blow that Barry Goldwater's defeat was in 1964.

We can only dream :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?